Plug In West Michigan Podcast - Episode 2 - Plug-In Hybrid Vehicles
Part of WKTV Journal Grand Rapids, MI Community Programming
Listen Here: Plug-In West Michigan Podcast
... or find it on your favorite podcast feed like iTunes or Spotify.
Episode 2 Show Notes
- Host: Karl Bloss
- Blog: www.muskegonevguy.com
- Instagram @muskegonevguy
- West Michigan EV community: www.facebook.com/groups/WestMichiganEV/
- Guest: Josh Bourdon
- US Department of Energy: How Do Plug-In Hybrid Electric Cars Work?
- US Department of Energy: How Do Hybrid Electric Cars Work?
- Inside EVs: EV Purists Take Note: A Ton Of Plug-in Hybrids Are Coming
- 2019 Chevrolet Volt: https://www.chevrolet.com/electric/volt-plug-in-hybrid
- Looking for a Volt: Cars.com search for used Chevrolet Volts 75 miles from WKTV (Note: there are many more places to search for used cars)
EV News Snippets
- Audi Super Bowl commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xrgq2CIag6M
- Budweiser Super Bowl commercial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrKBdY2x7_U
- Rivian R1T pickup truck: https://laautoshow.com/vehicle/rivian-r1t-truck/
- Ford F-150 electrified: https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a25933730/ford-f-150-electric-pickup-truck-confirmed/
- GM electric pickup truck: https://www.greencarreports.com/news/1121451_rumor-gm-electric-pickup-could-come-from-tesla
- The Michigan League of Conservation Voters (Michigan LCV) and Michigan Environmental Council (MEC) released a document titled the Environmental Roadmap: https://www.environmentalcouncil.org/2019_2022_environmental_roadmap
- Using a power inverter to run your home during a power outage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADqk4IjzjXs
- Power inverters to power your home from an EV - Harbor Freight inverters: https://www.harborfreight.com/automotive-motorcycle/power-inverters.html
- PlugShare site: www.plugshare.com/
- PlugShare app
- EV charging station near Grand Rapids Public Museum: https://www.plugshare.com/location/5697
- EV charging station in downtown Muskegon: https://www.plugshare.com/location/159078
- Brake fluid tester - I got mine on eBay, but you can also find them at WalMart or other auto parts stores.
- If you would like to "plug in" to the West Michigan EV scene, check out Facebook page “West Michigan EV and Plug-In Vehicle Enthusiasts”.
|A Honda plug-in hybrid charging in Muskegon|
|Powering my house with the battery in my Nissan LEAF|
|I hardwired the 2000 W inverter with 6-gauge wire|
|Brake fluid tester in the reservoir shows < 1% water|
|I found another charging station with PlugShare near my hotel.|
|Charging for free at GVSU near the Grand Rapids Public Museum|